This is a relatively new feature in Google Photos (Oct 2018), and it’s only available on the Android version. If you took a photo of a receipt, a business card, or a full page document, it looks better if you crop the background out, and adjust the skew of the photo.
- Open the photo and tap the edit button
- Now tap the last button on the right, the 9-dot grid
- You should see “Crop Document” at the top, tap that
- Try tapping the “Auto” button at the bottom, it should crop to the edges of the document
- If auto didn’t do enough, you can drag any of the 4 corners into position manually
- Tap Done, then Save
Chris Guld is President and Teacher-in-Chief at GeeksOnTour.com. She has been in computer training and support since 1983. She is now a Product Expert for the Google Photos Forum, owner of the LearnGooglePhotos.com blog, and author of Mrs. Geek’s Guide to Google Photos.
She loves to teach! If you want to learn, you’ve come to the right place.