|On a computer, you can see the timeline of your|
photos by moving your mouse to the right sidebar.
These dates represent the date the photo was taken.
When you use Google Photos to store your pictures, they are organized in one great big stream, by date the photo was taken. The most recent photo is on the top, as you scroll down you’re going back in time. On a mobile device you can pinch the screen until you see your photos grouped by year and month.
Old Photos get lost
How to change the order to “Date Uploaded”
- On a computer/browser view your photos
- Click in the search bar at top, don’t type anything to search for
- Scroll down to the section that includes Videos, Selfies, Screenshots – click “Show More”
- Now you should see an option for “Recently Added” – click that
- You should now be viewing your library of photos with the most recently added at the top, scroll down and you still go back in time, but by date added now rather than date taken
What about Mobile apps?
On mobile apps this option does not show up. I have no idea why. The search bar is there, when you click on it you see Videos, Selfies, Screenshots and “Show More,” but when you click Show More you will not see Recently Added!?!?!
Mrs. Geek’s Guide to Google Photos
Chris Guld is President and Teacher-in-Chief at GeeksOnTour.com. She has been in computer training and support since 1983. She is now a Top Contributor for the Google Photos Forum, owner of the LearnGooglePhotos.com blog, and author of Mrs. Geek’s Guide to Google Photos.
She loves to teach! If you want to learn, you’ve come to the right place.